Friday, September 10, 2010
I figured I'd add red hair to compensate for the way the eyes came out. In the middle of the process I realized that the clay that I used for this one was very brittle and broke easily. I had to now search for a new brand of clay. Not fun at all especially when I'm in the midst of a creative spurt.
Here she is painted. Ran into a problem with the paint feeling sticky after a week or so. After some research I found that certain paint and clay combinations get sticky from the way they react to each other and never dry. My way around this was to put clear nail polish on top of the doll's coat of paint.